Monday, November 26, 2007

Double Edged Sword

So, I spoke with my boss this morning and will be moving into my new office on the 6th of December. My promotion isn't going to be totally final but he needs my space. We are going over job expectations and he drops a huge bomb on me that almost has me quaking in my shoes! There is a huge research study here that is high profile....the current coordinator is mediocre so the are not even sure how the quality of the data in the trial is....they are also 100% sure that it is going to be audited by the FDA in the next year. Oh, and the current coordinator just turned in her resignation so cleaning up the study should be fun....Anyway, this is going to be a "make you" or "break you" type of situation because the doctor is very high profile. If I audit it and miss things, he will get written up by the FDA. I was told that will have a year or so to clean it up, so that is good but man, that is a lot of pressure....

On the flip side, there is no current position for the one that I am taking. They just created the position for me. That means that there is no process already in place. That is a good thing and a bad thing. I'm going to have to develop a whole section of my department from scratch (eek) but at the same time, I will be able to set it up the way that I want it.

I'm rambling because the closer I get, the more nervous I become. It may not seem like it, but it is a huge step for my career.

No comments: