Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Jake, Busted Pipes, and General Ramblings

Yowser! This week has been beyond hectic. I would like to preface this post by apologizing for not updating sooner, but my wireless has been out. My wonderful husband fixed it for me today after trouble shooting for several days. So Jake got in this past Thursday and Ethan waited by the door for him, just like he did for Joey. He has been so thrilled to have them here. We are going Thursday evening to get the boys pictures done, so I will get those posted once we do. I also have some summer school pictures of Ethan, we just have to get them scanned.

Now, lemme just tell you about our weekend...yeah...our weekend. Friday was nice, we decided instead of going to the big Houston Party "Freedom Over Texas", that we would pop fireworks at home. It turned out to be a wild success, and we even had some neighbors cheering for us! They sure do make some amazing fireworks theses days!! They makes boxes that you can light and they launch firework after firework that actually looks professional. Ethan wasn't totally sure about the noise, but as long as he covered his ears, he was fine.

Saturday morning we woke up to a lake in our front yard! A pipe broke up against the front of the house that just happened to be in my flower bed!!!! Jerry had to did part of it up (about 3 feet down) to find the pipe and then spent most of the day trying to fix it himself. After 4 trips to Lowes and Ace Hardware, we both decided that this was beyond his "Mr. Fix-it" powers and we had to call a plumber. We spent most of the day Saturday with no water, we turned it back on long enough to take quick showers and such. The plumbers came out on Sunday morning and broke the news that the pipe was not fixable and had to be totally replaced. They bypassed the pipe and created a new one. This entailed digging up almost half of my (very large) flower bed and digging up under our cement walk way. Oh, and they had to break into the wall of my garage to reach the other end of the pipe. Finally at around 6:30 that evening, we got water!!! I will tell you this...I will never take running water for granted again! Yeck! Anyway, below you will see some pics of Jake arriving, hanging out back, and pics from the 4th. You can click them to enlarge. Enjoy. Oh- and I've added some new links to my blog roll on the right hand side. There are some really good blogs on there, you should check them out!



























1 comment:

Apple Joos said...

Well thank you kindly for stopping by! That post got a lot of people laughing... a lot of of people retching, too. I'd say it was 50/50. Glad to know you were one of the ones who liked the post.