Sunday, December 07, 2008

A Boy and His Babies and Gingerbread Houses

I tell people all of the time about how Ethan loves his babies, but I finally figured it was time to give you a peek at just how many he has. And although he has this many, they are never enough. We will pass some in the store and he insists that he can't live without another one. He especially loves the ones that you can win out of those claw machine thingies. (pppsttt...you can click on the pictures to enlarge.)



This isn't all of them, mind you. No...these are the ones that he sleeps with every night. Yes...I said sleeps with them. Yes, I'm serious. No, you are right, there is hardly any room on the bed for him but somehow he manages. If he sleeps in another room, they come with him. Sigh. See the duck that he's holding? That's Ducky. He's had Ducky since he was an infant. For a long time, we could go no where without him. Everyone at his daycare knew Ducky. Once, I went online and ordered him a new one since Ducky was so pathetic looking. Ethan took one look at the new duck, sniffed him, and threw him back at me. Did you know that a child's "baby" has a special scent? I do now...He informed me that "that is not Ducky" and walked off in a huff.



This is the gingerbread house that Ethan and Jerry built yesterday. Actually, Jerry built most of it while Ethan was scheming at how to eat most of the icing. He ate a lot of icing. Jerry and I suffered for it later while he was busy bouncing off the walls at an electrifying speed.


Ethan? Ethan??? Quit eating the gingerbread house, please!!



Thank you

Now what was I saying? Oh yes....He was really happy with the outcome. I think it turned out pretty well, don't you? Ethan did most of the candy decoration.


Everyone should make a gingerbread house at least once. But, what do you do with it once it's done? Do you eat it? Hmmmmm...I wonder how long they last.


Sincerely,
Smothered by Babies
or alternately
Mother of a Sugar Addict

No comments: