Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Eve

Today marked day one of our Easter celebration. We packed up the kid and the puppy and headed to my parents house. Please note that huge Easter basket. Errr...thanks Mom and Dad....we now have enough sugar to last a life time. And while we are on the subject...you just think Ethan is going to get to eat all of that candy...

Oh stop...I'm just playing...or not.

They spoil Ethan. And Boo. And Jaiden. I'd like to use my indignant tone and say that they didn't do the same for us when we were younger...but they did. Easter was always fun in the Steding household. Easter egg hunts were the highlight of the day. As a matter of fact, we had huge hunts up until the day that I moved to NC. You see, there were prizes. Nice prizes. We would have a prize for who ever got the most eggs, but more importantly....there was the Big Kahuna prize egg. I remember one year vividly. My sister Angie got to decorate the prize egg. Would you like to know how we knew which one was the Big Kahuna? Because in beautiful wax script, it read "your mama bitch ass ho". Yep...I swear to you that it said that. Good times.

But now that we have kids, us adults get left in the cold. No more prize egg hunts. No more cool prizes. No more eggs that read "your mama bitch ass ho". Now the kiddos get the goods. Of course, I'm not going to say that it wasn't fun trying to whisper to your kid where the eggs were hidden. Look at Jaiden's face in this picture. She was less than thrilled to be forced to sit through another round of pictures. Her poor little head was eaten up with mosquitoes.


Sorry this picture has such a blue hue to it....I loved it so much that I figured you would forgive me...even if Ethan does look like a light smurf.

I love this picture of Ethan and Pop. They were on Pop's "ship. It took about 5 shots just to get the two of them to look at me...at the same time.

Mommy? Does this smile mean that I can eat more chocolate?

And just because I love this picture in black and white to...here ya go. I'm a sucker for a cute smile.

Wanna know what Barry looked like when he was 4? This. It's eerie sometimes, looking at Boo. If he had lighter brown hair and just a little bit lighter skin...this could be him.

See? I told you!! This picture was taken of Barry back in the 70's. No? Well it could have been Barry....I'm just sayin....

I don't have the heart to tell Ethan that he's to young to drive. Will you please tell him for me? Thank you.

The boys are here, and I did not mention them in this post on purpose. Because they are going to get a dedicated post just to them, and their arrival. I will say though...wow those kids got tall!

Tomorrow is day 2 of the Easter celebration. We'll hunt eggs here at the house and I heard a rumor that the Easter Bunny was going to be stopping by tonight to leave baskets.

Speaking of which...Ethan went to see the Easter Bunny today. We got an adorable picture of the two of them. I'll post it soon. See? I'm going to have lots to talk about in the coming days.

Sincerely,

Mom of a Smurf (that loves chocolate)

1 comment:

Eunice Argueta said...

Love the pics of the boys!