Friday, September 28, 2007

Lost Wallets and Broken Bones

Today has been over the top exahusting. It started out with Jerry leaving for the airport at about 5am. He then had to take a taxi home because he couldn't find his wallet. We had to hurry up and get Ethan dressed, because I had to take him back to the airport. Oh and I forgot to mention that he didn't find his wallet at home, it was in his truck AT THE AIRPORT. His flight was at 7:40 (or so we thought) come to find out, he wasn't scheduled to leave until 7:40 pm. He was able to fly standby at around 11:00 and finally made it to MN to see his grandfather.

Now an update on Ethan:

He fell last evening but didn't really complain about his arm after the tears were dried up. Something told me to call his daycare and tell them that if he complains to call me. Sure enough at about 10am I got a call saying that he kept crying about his arm. I was able to get a peds appt for 11am (had to FLY from the medical center to the daycare- that alone is normally an hour drive). We got to the peds at 11am and the doctor examined him. He thought that it wa just bruised because Ethan didn't complain one time. But, he sent us for an xray at a nearby hospital. We finally finished there at 2:30pm.

He had been such a trooper that I took him to Walmart to pick out a toy (milk and a pizza). Right when I was pulling into the driveway at home, I got the call from the peds that indeed....his wrist was fractured. I then had to BEG an orthopedic office to see him...we made it there by 3:30. Luckily, they were able to view the xrays via the computer so they didn't have to take more. I forgot to mention that earlier at the peds, they tried to put a splint on him and he was hysterical.

EE picked out a (waterproof) green colored cast. He did so well while they were wrapping it. Finally at 5:15pm we were DONE!!!!!!!!!! On the way home he realized that his cast was not coming off and the hysterics started all over again. He was in complete meltdown mode for 30 minutes. He hadn't had his nap so sleepiness played a part in it. I laid him down at 7pm for bed and he was OUT. 6 hours in a doctors office with a 3 year old is not easy. He's doing fine so far but kept asking me to take the cast off. Thank God today is over.

No comments: