Saturday, September 22, 2007

Update on Me

These last few weeks have been hectic. I've been in and out of my doctors office about 3 times and have gotten a ton of blood taken. I went in because I was over the top exhausted (so bad that sometimes I can't function) and because I've been nauseous and vomiting for a while. We did the blood work and found that 7 blood tests came back really low. Many of them my iron. One test showed that I wasn't metabolizing iron in my body at all.

The next step was more blood work and she was also convinced that I was losing blood somehow (hence the severe anemia). When I went back to see her on Friday, more blood results and UGHHH I have an ulcer. Great. Weird thing is, my anemia has nothing to do with my ulcer. I'm not losing blood in anyway. She put me on an iron supplement (that makes me horribly sick when I take it) and I'm on a 3 meds for my ulcer. She said that if my iron does not come up, I have to see a hematologist to figure it out. At least I know why I'm so tired, cold, and my blood pressure is so low...

Anyway, the ulcer meds only last 14 days thank god, because it's 8 pills a day just for that. Then I will just go on Pepcid for good. She seems to think that these meds are going to help heal the ulcer. Also, it has to be new because when I was in the hospital in May, I just had a scope and there was nothing there.

I'm just glad to know that the getting sick will go away soon and that hopefully I wont be so tired. I really REALLY don't want to see a hematologist. She said he may want to do a transfusion on me....YECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We spent today at my moms and Boo came over. I forgot my camera so no pics this week. I PROMISE I'll try and get some up next week.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. How are the meds? Still making you sick?