Thursday, October 11, 2007

Anniversary

Today marks the 5th year that Jerry and I have been married. I just can't believe how time flies when you are with someone you love. It was also a bittersweet day because we buried Josh today. It was a nice but very difficult service. I have never seen so many people at one funeral before. It really said a lot about what kind of person Josh was. Barry isn't so great but he'll get better with each passing day. TJ too. After the funeral several (SEVERAL) of us went back to Shere's house. Tiffany and I went together as we always do.

Jerry and I didn't do much today, but saying goodbye to someone just makes you realize that you have to cherish each moment that you have with your loved ones. We are all still having a very tough time trying to rationalize what happened or why. I don't think we will ever fully understand. I saw Dougies mom today. It was the first time that I have seen her since we buried Dougie. That has been 13 years. I can't believe how time gets away from us. I saw people today that I haven't seen since we graduated but we picked up like it was just yesterday. Grief does that.

We are taking Ethan to get his cast off tomorrow. He is so excited that he can't stand it. He's really done so well and has been such a trooper. The arm still has some healing to do, but the doctor says he doesn't need his cast anymore. We just have to be extra careful for a while. To be honest, I'm really nervous about taking it off while his arm is still fractured....but....I wasn't the one that went to medical school, so I am trusting what the doctor says. Wish us luck.

On a side note, Jerry and I will get to go out next Friday night to celebrate. It's a little late but hey...late is better than never!

No comments: