Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Dirty Little Secret

Since we are on the topic of "TV" (well OK we were talking about movies, but go with me for a minute), I thought I would mention that I have a confession. This confession will make me lose credibility with my grown up readers. I say this like I have tons of readers....I probably have like five. OK so for my five readers, you will never look at me the same. I have made peace with this and can now move forward. Hello...my name is Mikki and I'm a closet Hannah Montana fan. *gulp*

Now that this is out in the open, I can take a breath of fresh air. Do you have any idea what it's like to carry that burden around? I have another confession. Jerry likes her too. I totally place the blame on my step-son Joey. While he was here for the summer, we watched a couple of shows. At first I would act like I was not watching, and would sneak a peak over my book. By the end of the summer, I was blatantly recording them and watching them by myself!

On the same topic, Ethan likes her too. I believe he likes her by default from someone at his school. He calls her Hana Batana. For the longest time, I really thought that was a nickname for a little girl in his class, but no...he was talking about good ol' Miley. He can even sing her intro song. Now that, it cracks me up.

OK, I feel so much better now that I'm not carrying this secret alone. I can sleep tonight. That is, if I can quit stressing about Hurricane Ike.

1 comment:

Shari Hulitt said...

OMG - Mikki - I cracked up when I read the Hannah Montana thing. Thanks to Joe, I too am an addict. I love that show - Grace as well can sing her songs and she even has a Hannah Montana t-shirt because I could not resist when I saw one in her size. Thanks for the LOL.
Shari
PS - we are thinking about you guys - please let Joe and Jake know how you make out with Ike.