Friday, May 08, 2009

Soccer....The End (For Now)...

Last Saturday was the last game of the season. We arrived early and I took individual pictures of each child as well as a few groups. Amazingly, most of the kiddos were pretty reasonable. They smiled when I asked them to, they looked at me when I called their name...and they stood still! Ethan decided to go with the flow and posed for me.

One thing that I am hesitant to do is post pictures of children that do not belong to me. That being said, it makes it incredibly difficult to tell a story of the game... So, many pictures that I do have will not be shown on this website. Sorry, my five readers....if you are my Facebook friend, you can catch them there....my Facebook page is private, so I can control who sees what there.

They started the morning after my pictures with a fun game of duck-duck- goose. Ethan was smart...he'd get a running start before he tagged his person so that he was way ahead of them. I am raising a genius. My child is a critical thinker....err...well it could also be said that getting a head start is cheating.

One thing that I did notice was that his tongue was chronically hanging out each time he kicked the ball or ran. He scored 3 goals this game (well one was for the other team but he celebrated it none the less).

Interestingly enough, he was the only kid that got this excited when he scored a goal. He would actually celebrate his score. A lot. Just call him his own cheering squad. This particular shot was right after he scored a goal from the line.


This one was after he scored for the other team. See? He celebrated right along with the other team. Hey Ethan? Please don't score for the other team please, OK? Thank you.

Are you seeing a trend here? Leg extended= tongue hanging out. I love this kid.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Awesome pics!! Ethan looks like he is having so much fun. SOO DIFFERENT than last year!

Shari Hulitt said...

err um, brothers alike.... Joe does the same tongue thing - I will have to take said picture during next soccer season.