Tuesday, January 16, 2007

"Good Job Mommy"

Ethan and I spend an enormous amount of time building Lego's together. Sometimes he calls it "building blocks" and other times he decides that we are "building castles". I'm not sure what makes him to decide to make a castle rather than just regular old blocks but hey, I'm just along for the ride. One thing I've noticed is that he likes to build blocks by himself, but doesn't get the same pleasure unless we are doing it together.

He loves to plop down in my lap and we brainstorm where the next piece will go. Or, another route we like to take is we will each build our own until he's ready to add them together. The reason I love to build blocks with him is the bonding time. We have a great time building our castles and then he loves to knock it down so that we can begin again.

So- last night I asked him where he thought I should place the next piece to our "castle". He told me and I must have put it "just so", because he looked up at me with a huge grin on his face and as he was beaming at me he said "Good job Mommy"! I felt like I had been given a HUGE pat on the back.

It's those little things that amaze me.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a sweetheart! It's moments like these that make being a mom the BEST job in the world :)