Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Surviving

Well, I seem to be surviving my first week as a compliance manager. I've already had my first big assignment and made it through. I will say that my promotion has caused big waves for some. Actually it's been a bit of drama and I find it trivial.

We have a minivan with an automatic sliding door. The front of the door has a sensor to where if someone gets in front of the closing door, it will re-open. However, the back part of the door does not have a sensor, it just closes up. Well, this morning as I am getting Ethan out of the van for daycare, he is standing behind me and put his fingers where it closes. By the time I saw it, the door was closing onto his 4 fingers. By this time I had just locked my door and when I saw this happening, I freaked out and dropped my keys. Our van also automatically opens up when you pull on the handle. I did that and it didn't open. I couldn't figure out why (as Ethan's fingers are still caught in the door). Then it dawned on me that my door was locked. I grabbed my keys from the ground and unlocked the door. He was crying and I was crying. At the end of all of this, he just ended up with a bruised finger. His 4 fingers were really indented at first and I was scared that he had broken his finger. But, he could move them. I called the daycare all throughout the day to see how he was doing and he was doing fine. I think it was more traumatic for me than it was for him.

We are going Christmas shopping on Saturday and Ethan is going to play with his best friend/cousin, Boo Boo (Chas). I'm so excited about Christmas because Ethan is so excited. We go driving around looking at lights quite a bit. We let him plug in the lights and big Santa every night. We are still unsure what we are going to get him as his smaller presents. His big present this year is a Smart Cycle. It looks like a stationary bike and you have to peddle it to make a game that is hooked up to the TV, work. We think he will like it.

The new girl that is taking my position will start on Monday. I've already taken her around to meet people and I really like her. I think she is going to do really well in research.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else to catch up on. Hope everyone reading is doing GREAT!!! Hugs to you all.

No comments: