Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Little Known Fact About Ghosts

I bet you think you know everything about ghosts, don't you? I did too. That is, until yesterday when my 4 year old informed me of something that only a 4 year old would think of. Well, I'm here to burst your bubble. Your "I know everything there is to know about ghosts" bubble. Come please, come with me while I take a walk down memory lane:

Pre-script: Ethan and I have a "thing". Our thing is that almost every day, we go back into the backyard and I push him on his swing whilst we talk about random things. We have been planning on Ethan being Iron Man for Halloween. We've had his costume for about 3 weeks when he decided a few days ago that he wanted to be a ghost. Jerry and I haven't said much because we know for a fact that if we get him a white sheet, and cut eyes out, he will NOT wear it longer than 5minutes.

Ethan- Mommy I want to be a ghost for Halloween.

Me- Well, why don't you wear Iron Man to school for your party and you can be a ghost to trick-or-treat.

Ethan- (deep thought)

Ethan- Wait, ghosts don't have feet!

Me- yes,I know

Ethan- I can't be a ghost! I need my feet to go trick-or-treating.

Me- well, maybe you can be Iron Man and Daddy can be a ghost.

Ethan- No he cant be a ghost! He needs his feet to take me trick-or-treating.

See! I just bet you didn't know that ghosts cant trick-or-treat because they don't have feet! Don't be bitter, we all learn something new every once in a while!

Sincerely,

Now I Have Heard it All
Or Alternately,
She Who Likes to Use Big Words Like Whilst

PS: I promise to get some new pictures up very soon!!

No comments: