Sunday, January 25, 2009

No Room for Ethan

For reasons that I won't get into tonight, Ethan has temporarily moved into our room. At first we were making a pallet at the foot of the bed, but when we figured out it was going to be for a little bit longer, we moved his mattress in. I've shown you all of his "babies" in previous posts, but now I would like to introduced you to the way that he sleeps.

He sleeps with every one of his babies on the bed with him. Every. Single. One. Often, that means that there is no room for him. He will be sleeping on the very edge of the bed, with his legs hanging off. Even though he is very close to the ground, it gives me heart palpitations just thinking of him rolling off.

But some nights, he has his babies arranged just right, so that they are surrounding him and he's all set for the night. You will notice though that he also fits other things on his bed. Like his build-A-Bear "house"...er...box. Oh, and if you look to the far right, you will see his Batman house.


Do you see Donkey at the bottom of the picture? He talks. Endlessly. Oh, don't get me wrong...when we first got him, he was soooo cute. We would take him around and show him to everyone. We quickly outgrew that. Now he's my albatross. If I trip over him in the middle of the night, he'll start chattering as I frantically try and shut him up so he won't wake the whole house.

Notice that Ethan is on Spider Man sheets and a Wiggles comforter. That's how we roll. We have matching sets, but for reasons that are beyond me, we never seem to get them on the bed at the same time. Doesn't he look so comfy? For two nights in a row {in the dark} I snuck over and took these pictures.

Because, seriously...How cute is he!? And while I may be partial to him because I carried him for 9 months, I don't know many people that could resist this sweet face.

And as long as I have my camera, I'll capture these moments. Because I always want to remember how precious he looks sleeping with his babies....and because I'll need something to hold over his head when he's 16, bigger than me, and ornery.

Sincerely,

She Who Plots for the Future

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very precious. Makes me want to jump into the computer and give his beautiful rosy cheeks a soft kiss so not to wake him. Sleep on sweet Prince.
GGramma Pieske

Erin said...

I love it! Haley has quite a set up at bedtime too, tho not as many "must haves" as it is just random things. I'll have to get a picture of it. She usually lays sideways in bed too. Silly kids. :)