Monday, February 02, 2009

The Life Behind the Lens

Whenever something happens, I have an unnatural urge to document it behind the camera. This is something I'm told that only other photographers understand. Please note that I use the term "photographer" loosely. This affliction baffles almost everyone I know. You see, it's hard to explain something that I can't put into words. Sometimes I just feel the need to snap a picture of whatever is going on at any given moment.

That's why I am continually baffled every time Jerry expresses surprise when I jump to grab my camera when something interesting happens. To me, it's as normal as breathing. To him? To him, I'm just plain weird. Although, every single photographer friend of mine reading this understands where I am coming from.

So last night was no different when (as kickoff started on the Superbowl) our satellite went out. Not five minutes later, the sky opened and the most amazing thing happened. It started raining Sonic Ice! This weird occurrence went on for about 15 minutes as I frantically ran from the front door to the back. Snapping. Pictures. Like. A. Mad. Woman.....

It's not every day that it rains Sonic Ice.

Doesn't it look like it's snowing? Our windows were being pelted and we were thoroughly convinced that one was going to break...but did that stop me? No. I was too worried that I might miss a Kodak moment. Jerry (in typical Jerry fashion) just shook his head and ignored me. Well, he ignored me after he said for the gazillionth time "Why do you always feel the need to take a picture of everything?" In our household, that is now a rhetorical question. I could get all anayitical and state that maybe it's because I lost all of my childhood pictures and now I'm OCD about Ethan having plenty....Or not....


No, I really don't think it's that. Not anymore anyway. I think it's just a photographers addiction to capture a moment. The need to document life through a lens.


Besides....without pictures, what would I talk about on my blog?


Sincerely,


She Who Treats the World as if it's a Fishbowl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA you are a dork...but gotta love the camera girl! Mikki loves her some pictures...lol!!

Tiff

Anonymous said...

And aren't we glad we don't have to wait to have them develpoed as in the past. And all we have to do is delete the bad ones. What bad ones? Delete nothing. They all are just fine and I might delete the wrong one. Glenice